Saturday, March 29, 2014

Is Your Weakness Your Success?






Yes!


Yesterday we discussed your strengths in article  ‘Your Success: Intellectual Entertainment’


Today, we are going to talk about weaknesses – using Kristen Howe’s approach. I receive her newsletters for several years and apply her knowledge in the unknown areas.

She is NOT from the school of thought that tells you to discover your weaknesses and spend all your time strengthening them...

She belongs to the school of thought that suggests that you spend 80% of your time on your STRENGTHS... to make a massive breakthrough.

She claims: 

“The day I decided to give 80% of my focus to my strengths is the day EVERYTHING changed for me...

And yet, I remember thinking - "Okay, 80% on my strengths - I can do that, but what about my weaknesses? Do I just ignore them or pretend they don't exist?"

If you feel that way too - let me help... What do you do with your weaknesses?

Here are 3 questions to help you with this...

Question #1:

What are my weaknesses?

Once you answer, forgive yourself - it's okay that you aren't perfect, we ALL have weaknesses!!!

Question #2:

How much of my time am I spending on things that primarily involve one or more of my weaknesses INSTEAD of on my strengths?

When I first asked myself this question, I was SHOCKED at how much time I was spending on things that didn't come naturally to me and that I really didn't enjoy. No wonder I was attracting what I didn't want...

Like I said, for me everything changed with this 1 shift and it will change for you too!

Question #3:

Who do I know that has strengths where I have weaknesses and how can I get creative about creating a WIN/WIN so we develop a mutually beneficial relationship that has both of us spending most of our time on our strengths?

Stop trying to be perfect and fix all your weaknesses - that doesn't mean you don't want to improve - improving is great!

However, here's the deal - when you spend 80% of your time on your strengths, your happiness and results will increase (because we like what we are good at)...

Look at every area of your life and ask yourself these questions - you'll be amazed at the results!”  Kristen Howe http://www.gobigcoach.com/

Did you get the idea?
Isn’t it a breakthrough approach?
I know you will use both: strengths and weaknesses to become successful in every area of your life!

Here are our major areas:

  • Relationships (social, personal, intimate)
  • Work or/ and business
  • Physical skills (at home, sports, travel, professional, etc)
  • Health & beauty (life style, food, pleasure, leisure, etc)
  • Spiritual (origin of life, miracles, wonderful states, wellness, etc)
  • Intelligence (concepts, professional and personal growth, etc)


Study each of them.

Find your strengths and enforce them by enjoying and implementing.
Find your weaknesses in each area – they constitute your huge potential for success and life of your dreams.

My respect,
Natalia Levis-Fox


No comments:

Post a Comment